Monday, October 04, 2004

Sleeping in the Woods

Dinner was a success. Dishes were cleaned, stuff put away, beer distributed. As a reward (and the fact it was too dark to do anything), the kids were allowed access to their Game Slaves. They retreated to the dome tent, and were amazingly quiet and behaved.

Bedtime was called at 10pm. Instructions were given to the kids to not leave the campsite without an adult. R4 was told that if he needed to pee in the middle of the night, he was allowed to go around to the back of the tent and pee towards the road.

I snore.
Besides being a loud snorer, witnesses have told me I also suffer from apnea. A vote was prepared during the night, whether to check on me and make sure I was alive during an apnea attack, or to leave me for dead so everyone else could sleep.

My friends.

I also suffer from either a small bladder, or over-active kidneys. I had to get up twice. Ace got up once, and everyone else was able to hold it.

R4 rotated 90 degrees during the night, requiring a repositioning to allow others to sleep.

Note to self: Find a new cell phone. There was zero cell service in the park. I turned my phone off early Saturday, and stuck it in my bag of personal stuff. Twice during the night the stupid phone turned itself back on, and start the alarm chiming. Next time I take the battery out.

The temperature dropped about 20 degrees somewhere between cell phone attack number one, and pee break number two. I started the night on top of my bag, and by dawn I was inside, zipped up to my neck.

There were no animals during the night, and no rain. Another bright point for the weekend.

No comments: